Ground Beef Tortilla Stack
As layered tortilla recipes go, this cheesy ground beef version stacks up nicely and comes together easily. It’s perfect for busy cooks who want to serve a fast, flavorful Mexican meal or appetizer for several guests.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
5 9-inch Señor Pepe’s flour tortillas
1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Señor Pepe’s Taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded chedder cheese
1 cup shredded Señor Pepe’s Pepper Jack Cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup Señor Pepe’s guacamole
1 avocado, halved, seeded and diced
1 Roma tomato, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook ground beef, breaking it up until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning and water and cook untill thickened.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Working one at a time, add tortilla and cook until crisp and lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes per side, flipping only once.
- Place 1 tortilla on the bottom of the springform pan. Spread 2-3 tablespoons sour cream evenly over the top, followed by ground beef, sharp cheddar, Pepper Jack and mozzarella. Repeat with 3 more layers. Top with remaining tortilla, sour cream, and cheeses.
- Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheeses have melted and the stack is heated through.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately, garnished with avocado and tomato, if desired.
- For a little extra spice add Cholula hot sauce.